Picture Slider

Monday 4 October 2010

What happens when there are 2 or more ships in port?

So what does happen when there are 2 or more ships in port?


Yes you get it, I bet the Vicar in this church in Stavanger, Norway wished he had a congregation like this every week!

Seriously though, in some ports on some days there will be a number of cruise ships in port. On the day in June when this picture was taken there were 2 ships in port disembarking just over 5000 passengers!

So, I ask myself what would happen if these 2 cruise ships were in the same port on the same day. That's Norwegian Epic and Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas, some 9200 passengers!













So the other day while I was searching for a website I had used last year to find cruise ship timetables to see which ships would be in each ports when I am on the Norwegian Epic at the end of the month. I found the following http://cruisett.com/ports.php, which I think is a great resource.

Well, they are both in Cozumel on 4th November 2010, together with Carnival Elation, that is some 12000 plus passengers in the port and doing the sights on that day. Now I like peace and quiet normally so that day could be quite an experience for me, I just hope that not everyone wants to go to the Mayan ruins I am visiting that day!

Now this is not even the top in number of visitors to a port in 1 day! Later in November in Nassau and St Thomas US VI there will be some 18000 passengers in port! and this may grow more as Royal awaits the delivery of the 2nd sister, Allure of the Seas.

I just hope that the ports can cope, and perhaps it might be time to move to smaller ships to get away from the crowds.

No comments:

Post a Comment