Picture Slider

Sunday 24 October 2010

Hurricane Season in the Caribbean

So as time has gone on my excitement is growing.......to spend a week or so in the Western Caribbean on board Norwegian Epic, but I have always had a little bit of trepidation about the cruise.

In the last week or so I have been checking the weather in that area and looking at the various hurricane tracking websites. Now, technically the Hurricane season in the Atlantic/Caribbean is from 1st June to 30th November, so a cruise on 30th October falls into the 'season'!


Storm 19, or Tropical Storm Richard to give it its full name, of the season is currently over the Yucatan Peninsular and moving slowly WNW, from the picture above it should have moved away before I get there, but Storm 20 is brewing in the Atlantic Basin - who will get there first?

Come back in a couple of weeks and I will let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment