Picture Slider

Monday 11 October 2010

Queen Elizabeth - my first thoughts.

So after all the anticipation and press, on Saturday we got the chance to go and spend a night on Cunard's new ship, Queen Elizabeth. So did she blow me away or was I underwhelmed?


Now I am going to start this with a sanity note, I wrote about QM2 recently under I think I'm in love with a Queen and she was the last ship I sailed on. So am I going to compare like with like?

She certainly looks impressive as the picture shows and I do love the Art Deco theming of the ship, with the Grand Lobby being as impressive as I had expected, and as shown in my photo.

But on deeper inspection, I started to wonder about the fixtures and fittings and were they to the standard I expected of a new Cunarder?





So where are the Teak decks and quality sunbeds that I have seen before? If you look at the pool deck, could it not be any cruise ship not The Queen Elizabeth?

Stories about health and safety issues have been noted, but for me the traditional teak decking is far more opulent.



I will write again later in the week about cabins, but my first thoughts were I was a little underwhelmed about the ship, but the experience includes the White Star service, and to be honest as this was a travel agents day we did not experience the service to its fullest extent, so when she enters service I am sure she will live up to the name of a Cunard ship.

1 comment:

  1. As a fan of QM2 I fully appreciate your comments. Perhaps the answer is to sail on the new QE just to compare! Having a look at her sailings for 2011. Will be in touch.

    ReplyDelete