Picture Slider

Tuesday 7 December 2010

Time to relax.....Spa's at sea

So you work hard during the year and then along comes to your holiday and you look forward to a relaxing time.

All ships have some form of Spa, but when on board should you use the Spa facilities when you cruise 2011?

All ships have Spa facilities of one form or another and they offer a variety of treatments and packages to suit all requirements and pockets!

I have to be honest and say that there is so much choice it is unbelievable, with the different offerings being like a quiet oasis on board ship, see the collection of photos below from various ships-


Cabana's in The Retreat, Oasis Spa on Azura


The Hydro pool on Queen Elizabeth


Mandara Spa, Norwegian Epic

So these pictures have made you think, will give that a go; but there must be a catch mustn't there?

When I was on the Epic and my wife and I were walking around we walked into Mandara Spa, the biggest Spa at sea according to NCL and very nice it was. The staff were pleasant and happy to give us a guided tour, and there were 2 or 3 treatments we could have done.

But then I saw the price list, which I have copied below, even though there was a discount for booking multiple treatments I would need a second mortgage to pay!

But what about the other ships, found this link to http://www.cruises.co.uk/ forum about Spa packages, all very interesting but I have to say pricey!

I am not a cheapskate but come on cruise lines, are you not trying to recoup some of the costs from the poor cruisers?



No comments:

Post a Comment