Picture Slider

Thursday 2 December 2010

Thoughts about an Epic trip...Part 3 Entertainment

So to the last part of my trilogy from my NCL Epic cruise, Entertainment.


You can pre-book your seats for the shows before the cruise on NCL's website prior to the cruise. They recommend you do this, so you don't miss out and for the limited space venues such as Cirque Dreams and Headliners I can understand early booking. But if you have no preference of when you see the main shows you can probably wait till you get on the ship and book, you do need your cabin key to get in.


In other places I have seen various Cirque de Solie shows advertised and never really wanted to go. So it was with a little concern that I paid my $20 and booked an evening at Cirque Dreams and Dinner.

This is a small venue, set up to look like a circus tent and was the only dining venue where the majority of dinners were on larger tables. There was no choice of food, with it being a set menu and was generally OK.


But what the food lost in appeal, the show certainly made up for it. All the performers moved about among the audience and with it being a small venue you did feel that you were a part of the excellent show they put on. It was an excellent show and I would happily recommend this to anyone going on board, I do wonder though how the acrobats and performers cope when the ship is moving?

Headliners Comedy club had various shows through out the cruise, we went to Second City, a bit like 'Whose line is it anyway'. Aimed at the American audience but still humorous.

Of course there is also 'The Blue Man Group', which they heavily advertise. As it was free I did give the show a go, having seen it advertised in other places including Vegas.

I thought bits of the show was funny, but overall I am glad I did not have to pay, there is only so much of people with Blue faces drumming that you can take!

I have already about the Legends in Concert in a previous blog, this was an absolutely brilliant show.

Overall, I think the quality of entertainment on board was the best I have seen at sea and look forward to see if any other cruise line will match or beat this.

No comments:

Post a Comment