Picture Slider

Monday 3 May 2010

Which is the best for computer access, Celebrity Eclipse or P And O Azura?

Having great problems at the moment with my home computer, after 7 years of valient service it has eventual rached the point where it is going to the nearest scrapyard. Unlike the QE2, I don't think anyone will want to save her!

With these problems it made me think back to the time I was on the Ventura and what facilities were available, esepcially as I am starting to think  but that made me think about what to do when on ship.

I found an article recently about Celebrity Cruises' tie in with Apple Computers, and although I did not go on the launch it was interesting to see this tie up working with the Waiters for Qzine, using iPads for the Menu. Apple also have 26 workstations on board in the iLounge.

Compare this to P and O Azura, both ships having being launched in Southampton in the last few weeks.

Although there is a CYB@Centre on Ventura, based on customer feedback there is no facility on Azura, so if you want to stay connected then you will have take your laptop and use one of the Wi Fi hotspots on ship.

However, in both cases the costs of internet use on ship is usually high, and if you have to take your own laptop, why not wait till you get into port and find one of the many free hotspots found in most ports, thats what I'm going to do on my next cruise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment