Picture Slider

Wednesday 5 May 2010

Joanna Lumley's Nile

The big thing for me when I go away on holiday, is to see something different or unusual. The other week, my wife said to me 'I like the idea of going to the Holy Land for a holiday', and at the same time said 'You going to watch this on telly'.

I am not the sort of chap who would miss the opportunity of watching Joanna Lumley for an hour, so happily sat down to watch her start her journey down the Nile.

Having watched the first programme, I was enthralled both at her actual presentation but also at the history that you can see from the river. I had never wanted to go to the area, but now felt like I needed to follow in her footsteps! (Stop dreaming Stuart)

Well, I have found that there are a couple of options here.

If you want to float down the Nile there are a number of operators who have boats specifically doing 4 or 5 star cruises down the Nile. A typical boat is shown across.

Duration of the cruise will vary, and you may have to add a land stay to your cruise holiday to see all the sights in Cairo.

The alternative, is look at a cruise to the Holy Land on any one of a number of ships in 2011, including Pacific Princess, Queen Victoria or Adonia, there are others but space (and time) does not allow me to add them all.

This way you could get to see all religious places to see in and around Jerusalem, but also add the Pyramids a bit of leisurely sea days and some of the other classic ports in the area.

I have my idea for a 2011 cruise now, hopefully aboard the Pacific Princess, but what about you?

Give me a call and I will look at your options, including a Nile Cruise a Holy Land Cruise or any other cruise you fancy.




1 comment:

  1. really you are great i think it take time for doing this researches to have this result as both option are the best to tour in the middle east
    nile cruise package

    ReplyDelete