Picture Slider

Wednesday 11 July 2012

Cruising the Amazon, on a River boat?

As you will gather from reading my articles there is usually a theme, something that interests me, places I have been too or somewhere or something that I would like to do; I think that this falls into the latter.


If like me you have satellite TV, there are hundreds of channels, there may be 10 that you watch regularly,  most you take limited interest in and then there are those that you don't even look at. Well, last week when flicking down through the Travel channels I fond a programme on the M/V Aria, so I thought I'd watch.


I have sold cruises to the Amazon, but they are usually ones that head from the Caribbean and into the Atlantic before heading up the Brazilian Amazon to Manaus, so this is something much different.

So what was it that appealed to me?

Firstly the ship, the facilities look awesome and not what you would expect in the backwaters of Peru. Look at the view from the cabin below and the sun deck.



Then, the location, scenery and wildlife you will see on your journey. There are 2 distinct seasons in this part of the Amazon, High Water and Low Water and both have their own distinct characteristics, although rain may well be a common feature when ever you go.





The ship, and its sister m/v Aqua, do variety of 3, 4 and 7 night cruises through out the year. Now its a long way to go just to do this, so you could add it on as part of that 'Bucket List' trip you wanted to do. Perhaps you could go and see Machu Picchu? I wrote an article about that some time ago, why not have a look here.

So if you want that Tailor Made cruise holiday, give me a call and perhaps we can add this into your trip. This one isn't in the brochure yet, but it could be if you like it enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment