Picture Slider

Wednesday 25 July 2012

24 hour travel fantasy

The other weekend when we were having great weather, well nothing but rain, my wife and I were reading one of the weekend papers and saw an article were a celebrity discussed their 24 hour Travel fantasy, with no travel restrictions.


So for about an hour we discussed ours, they were different, so I thought I'd share mine.


So I'd start my day by waking up on Cunard's Queen Victoria, for breakfast on the balcony (starboard side) while the ship winds its way into Venice, so you get a perfect view of St Marks Square first thing in the morning.


Then onto Anthony's Key Resort, Honduras. This is a great place for a Dolphin encounter, for me it does not look like the Dolphins are in captivity, although they are. Once you have swam with the Dolphins, then off to the beach for a rest!


Time for lunch, so off to Central Park New York for hot dog frrom one of the many stalls and sit and watch the softball games.

In the afternoon, off to San Francisco to ride the tram from Union Square to Fishermans Wharf. Irrespective of the views when you reach the top of the hill, I find the sound of the bell and rattle of the trams so soothing.


Pre-dinner drinks, off to St Kitts the bar in the middle of the cruise port does an excellent Rum Punch, the 'Drunken Monkey' will keep me going for a little while.

Time for an evening meal, back to Europe and Caffe Ciampini close to the Spanish Steps in Rome. It is all about the view and the feel of the city, nice food and a lovely glass of Red.





Nearly finished, just need to see the sun set and for me there is only 1 place for this. On the South side of the Grand Canyon on the  Rim Trail close to Grand Canyon Village. To quote our American cousins, awesome.




It has been a long day, not practical but to me a perfect day. No doubt as I visit other places this dream will change, but hey isnt that part of getting new experiences.

Let me know your dream day, and call me if you want me to add these into your next cruise.

No comments:

Post a Comment