Picture Slider

Sunday 3 July 2011

Has my favourite ship been Eclipsed?

As you will know from reading my blog that my favourite ship is QM2, but yesterday I went to Southampton to visit the Celebrity Eclipse, er WOW!


I have heard the stories from my colleagues and read the reviews and did not really believe fully what everyone said, but the ship blew me away. I will be the first to say though, that a day on ship alone is not a total reflection on the ship and you have to sail to see how it works and feels, but after yesterday it has moved further up the list of 'Carlson Must Do's!'

So brief thoughts:-
The ship was in my eyes 'Sophisticated Chic', you can see that it is offered out as a 5* experience and this was the feel that came across while I was on board. It was the little touches, the quality of the furnishings, towels on the sunbeds and the space just gave me that feel.


The food was excellent, we dined in the Moonlight Sonata dining room, the service was good and the food and wine excellent, again its difficult to assess off one meal but it was better that the food I got on an Azura cruise earlier this year.


The cabins, are probably a little smaller than I expected, with the exception of the Grand and Royal Suites, nevertheless they appeared to be of a high quality and perfectly acceptable. There are some obstructed view balcony cabins, but have a look at the picture below, the couple on the balcony are in an obstructed view cabin - the obstruction is directly down - is it really that much of an obstruction?



So overall, it was an excellent day I loved the ship and the feel, now started to look at when I can really give it a go!




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this. My wife and I are planning a cruise on this ship and were wondering what the "obstructed view" looked like!

    ReplyDelete