Picture Slider

Tuesday 21 June 2011

MSC Opera, my day out in Southampton

So yesterday I went with some colleagues to Southampton to visit MSC Opera.


Now over the last few months MSC has had some bad press with this ship breaking down in the Baltic, and some of the reviews on our website have not been too complementary. So I went with an open mind  looking forward to making my own opinion of what was on offer.


OK, the ship does not offend at all, very clean and pleasant to look at - the theme is a little pink and purple - there are plenty of public bars and spaces all gave a homely vibe.


It may not be the biggest of ships and only have a smaller number of balcony cruise cabins, but the promenade deck is open and wide and there is loads of space on the pool deck, not cluttered by dividers or tables and chairs.

The food has taken a bashing, I found it OK, the soup was cold, but it should have been and the main course was warm and appetising. The waiter was courteous, although he did clear the table before everyone had finished, but is this such a massive issue?

The prices are really competitive and the fact that children travel for free, just paying the port taxes really does makes this MSC cruise excellent value for money.

So what do I think, excellent value for money and I know that the reviews and comments are a personal reflection but they don't match what I experienced on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment