Picture Slider

Friday 20 November 2009

Things to do....... part 1

I could be pretentious and just write a long list and say, hey look where I’ve been, but that runs the risk of someone coming back and saying ‘ nah nah, I’ve been to more!’,  and to be honest I want this to be a 2 way thing, I have my tips and suggestions but I am sure that you out there have yours. I would of course love to any suggestions.












I was once asked to rank the places I have been into some sort of order, but how do you do that? Scenic beauty, atmosphere or the quality of the Red Wine? I have never been able to do that and to be honest I don’t think I can do that now.

So as starting point for my blog, I have come up a couple of tips, you can probably find them in various travel guides or on travel websites, but the advantage to me is I have done them, enjoyed them and think that others may do also.

So here goes......

New York


From the immortal words of the song, ‘New York, New York so good they named it twice’

I think everyone knows that city, from Friends to Taxi it has been part of our TV life for a very long time.

The things to do are endless and a short stay will only touch the edges. You can shop, sightsee, theatre go and countless other things, and you will certainly end up with sore feet and a stiff neck.
New York has a rich history, and I always like to try if we can find out something about the social history side of a city. So, take a taxi to the Brooklyn side of the Brooklyn Bridge, find yourself a bottle of water and the walk back towards Manhattan on the walkway over the bridge.

Its not as high as the Sydney Harbour Bridge and certainly not as steep but the views of Manhattan are awesome. Added to which at points across the bridge there are plaques and displays showing the history of how the bridge was constructed.

1 comment:

  1. I love New york i had been one time but i want to go second times.

    Brazil Consulate

    ReplyDelete