Picture Slider

Saturday 11 August 2012

Going Solo

There are a growing number of people out there who travel alone, but what can they get from a cruise?


There are a couple of key points that most single travellers ask when they speak to me, What is the Single Supplement and What is there for me to do? I would add to that, can I get a single cabin?

So read on and find out what I can do.

What is the Single Supplement?

The honest answer here is it varies from cruise sailing to sailing and line to line, and can be anything from 100% to no supplement at all. The only sure way to find out is call and ask about the sailing you are interested in.

What is there for me to do?

Every cruise line puts on events and entertainment during the day for all passengers to go to if they wish, and I have found that most people on a cruise are polite and friendly so single passengers will not feel left out.

Some have special event just for single passengers, and perhaps a more special warmer welcome from the cruise lines team when you board. You may even find a number of dance hosts on board so you will have someone to dance with, like on Cunard or Fred Olsen.

Can I get a single cabin?

Well all ships are built to maximise space, so there are very few single cabins on most ships although there are some exceptions.

Fred Olsen have singles available on all there ships, both inside and outside cabins. NCL have 'The Studios' an number of single cabins in a designated private area on The Epic, and when the new ship The Breakaway is launched next year there will again be a small number.

 A single cabin on P&O Azura

P&O have a small number of single cabins on Azura, and next year after her refit in late March Ventura will have had theses added. In addition last year Oriana had a small number of single cabins added when she had a refit.

So does all this help? I hope so, the easiest answer is to give me a call with the cruise you are interested in and let me have a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment