Picture Slider

Thursday 9 February 2012

Can you get away with 23 kilos of luggage?

I was just finishing packing my bag last night ready for my trip to the Caribbean, and trying to see how I could get everything there I needed within the luggage allowance from the airline.


Well having checked carefully, as I going on Celebrity Equinox this time there are no Self Service Laundrettes on board, just the same as most of the American lines, Royal, NCL and Holland America so I will be subject to the usual extortionate laundry charges. How different is Princess, with facilities available on ship - must be because it was once owned by P&O?

At least when I was Norwegian Epic they left a bag near the end of the cruise, they would wash and iron a full bag for $25; considering the normal price this was a bargain and one we did use.

Additionally, there will be no irons available to use, without the usual fee and that will definitely be to heavy to carry onto the plane. I do at least like to put on a shirt that has been ironed before I go out to dine in the evening.

So, think I might try Wal Mart, Home Depot or Walgreens while I am in Miami to buy one to take on board, but will Celebrity's security screen catch it?

Well, you are going to have to wait to find out, but rest assured when I get back I will give you the low down!

5 comments:

  1. 99% of passengers called to the "naughty room" before sailing are to have their irons confiscated. !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For heaven's sake RELAX!!! No one needs to iron during a vacation! First time you sit down you will get crinkles so just calm down! You need help with choosing the right fabrics and how to pack more lightly! Also, irons in rooms are a fire hazard. For the safety of everyone, please leave your iron at home or have it confiscated.

      Delete
    2. Hi, I generally pack enough for 1 week, choose wash and wear fabrics plus pack a couple of light coat hangers. Its easy to hand wash a few items and hang to dry in the bathroom .Same applies to underwear. Near the end of the cruise most ships offer a laundry special so you can get just one lot done ( eg Jeans , heavier items )
      This allows room in your case for extras bought etc

      Delete
  2. I cannot understand why people book with these cruise lines when they know that there are no facilities and they are going to get ripped off Even worse is when they start to bleat about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh for the luxury of 23kgs. We have to take a flight which only allows 20kgs just to get to mainland UK even before leaving to go anywhere else. Of course you can pay extra(!)to have a heavier suitcase. Usually another 25/30% of the airfare though and you need confirmation of your next flights allowance.

    We take travel wash stuff to help but don't worry too much about the cost of using their laundry. We reckon it's about the same cost as 1 bottle of wine on board and the effect of clean clothes lasts longer than the wine!

    ReplyDelete