Picture Slider

Thursday 17 November 2011

I think I've found the perfect cruise

If you have regularly read my blog you will know I-
 1. Enjoy my holidays
 2. Am always looking for that something different


and yes I do have a copy of '1000 Places to see before you Die'

So you will not be surprised if I tell you that I think I have found the perfect cruise for us, but its for next year!

The furthest East I have ever been is actually Cyprus, surprisingly Istanbul is slightly West of Cyprus, so I am always looking to spread my boundaries and I have found for me the perfect cruise that goes to those Far East destinations I want to experience.

So here is the itinerary:
  
Sun 05 Feb    SINGAPORE    
Mon 06 Feb   AT SEA    
Tue 07 Feb    KOH SAMUI, THAILAND  
Wed 08 Feb   LAEM CHABANG (BANGKOK),THAILAND     
Thu 09 Feb    LAEM CHABANG (BANGKOK),THAILAND   
Fri 10 Feb     SIHANOUKVILLE, CAMBODIA   
Sat 11 Feb     AT SEA     
Sun 12 Feb    PHU MY, VIETNAM   
Mon 13 Feb   NHA TRANG, VIETNAM   
Tue 14 Feb    AT SEA    
Wed 15 Feb   DA NANG, VIETNAM
Thu 16 Feb   SANYA (HAINAN), CHINA 
Fri 17 Feb     HALONG BAY, VIETNAM 
Sat 18 Feb    AT SEA 
Sun 19 Feb   HONG KONG, CHINA


The cruise is on Holland America's Zaandam, a Luxury Cruise line on a midsized ship, not a cruise line I have sailed with before but all the reports I have tell me it excellent.


So what appeal? Well the itinerary, it covers some amazing places - well my research tells me that and too be honest I want to try. The joy of a cruise, is you are in the same hotel for the 2 weeks and get to experience some wonderful places and cultures.

Added to which you can add a couple of nights or so before and/or after in Singapore or Hong Kong.

It is perfect, except I am already on a Caribbean cruise then so can't go! But roll on 2013, it with be the Volendam and in Feb - so perfect timing for the weather in that area.

Hope I can wait, and that my boss does not read all the way down here as he will not be happy at nearly 3 weeks holiday for this!!

3 comments:

  1. From all the places you've mentioned, we've been to Singapore--Da Nang--Sanya Island and Hong Kong. All of which were amazing! We've cruised most of the world now, and The FAR EAST is on the top of our favourites list, along with the Hawaiian Islands.Good luck, hope you get there!
    S.J.Routledge

    ReplyDelete
  2. S.J.R

    thanks for your comment, I'm working on it and glad you thin those places are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are going on this cruise in March and having 2 nights in Hong Kong and Singapore at the beginning and end of the cruise. We are really looking forward to it as we have never been to the far East.

    ReplyDelete