Picture Slider

Friday 4 February 2011

Memories Part 2


Recently I wrote a blog about my first cruise,  Memories....... my very first Cruise.

Since writing and researching this blog and speaking to a number of my customers from Liverpool, this has stirred my memories of visiting relatives in Liverpool in the 60's and remembering how busy I recall the docks to be. 


There are only a limited number of sailings from the Cruise Terminal now, even though they were redeveloped in 2007, see this BBC link for news of the opening. In 2011 there will be a number of Fred Olsen departures from the cruise terminal.

Everyone seems to remember 'The Dockers Umbrella' (said with a strong Liverpool accent), which was an overhead railway which serviced the docks area, I have manged to find a picture taken in the heyday of Liverpool Port.


Now I'm told that as a baby I travelled on the railway, you are talking of 1960, but my research indicates that it was dismantled in the mid to late 50's. So can anyone out there add any more information or do you have a photograph of an old port?

No comments:

Post a Comment