Picture Slider

Tuesday 29 June 2010

I think I am in love with a Queen!

Now don't get the wrong idea, I have just got back off an 11 night Queen Mary 2 cruise to The Land of The Midnight Sun, and I think I am hooked on the ship!


Having never been on a Cunard ship before it was with some trepidation that my wife and I travelled to Southampton on Monday 14th June to joining the QM2 sailing to The Land of the Midnight Sun.

The first sight of the ship in her berth was impressive, with the sleek lines and distinctive hull colours and after embarkation the interior decor and furnishings did not disappoint. The cabin was larger than expected, with a clear view from a window not a porthole, and the cabin steward, John, was efficient yet not intrusive.

The reason for going was both for the sights and also to experience the level of service that comes with the Cunard name. I have to be honest and say neither disappointed me. I have written a review on cruise.co.uk; and you can follow the link to read my comments and if you head to my facebook page then you will find some photos of the cruise, more to follow.

1 comment:

  1. Brings back memories of our love affair with QE2. Our son has just come back from a transatlantic crossing on the QM2 on his honeymoon. He really enjoyed it and we can`t wait to try this luxury liner.

    ReplyDelete